Otros datos interesantes:
Official details were released today for Marvel vs. Capcom 3. To see some wicked high resolution artwork and some more speculation on who the roster members will be, hit the link below.
Here's a run down of what to expect from the new title.
- The game is set for a spring 2011 release date on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
- Right now the development team is looking at having about 30 characters — or so — in the roster.
- Seth Killian said that fans can expect "a healthy dose of new blood" when it comes to fighter selection.
- It's a 3-on-3 tag team fighting game, players build their own squads and uses Assists as well. Very similar to MvC2.
- The title uses an advanced version of Capcom's MT Framework, which powered Resident Evil 5 and Lost Planet 2.
- MvC3 has aerial combos, hyper combos and other original gameplay systems.
- The game is officially titled Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds.
- The goal is to get 100 pieces of music in the game, that includes old favorites, new tracks and remixes. The 'Take You For A Ride' song won't be returning, at least, it's not planned right now.
- There are no plans for an arcade, PC or Wii version.
- The team behind this wants this game to have a strong storyline.
- Development started on MvC3 in the summer of 2008.
- The art you see below are actually in-game character models.
Confirmed characters so far are Wolverine, Spider-Man, The Hulk, Magneto, Storm and a few others will return.
- The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 development team said they will be blowing fans out of the water with the sheer number of characters this game includes on the disc.
- This will be another 2D fighter — gameplay-wise — but will be something of a cross between the original Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Street Fighter 4.
- The rumored release date is late 2010 or early 2011 on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, no plans right now for other systems.
- The game will run in 1080p resolution.
- It will be a disc-based release.
- Apparently the game will have unlockables again.
- Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will be playable at this year's E3 which is held on June 15 - 17th. Is Marvel vs. Capcom 3 going to have more than 30 characters?
We're not saying anything beyond "at least 30" right now. Any other reports beyond that are rumor and speculation.
Marvel's Chris Baker spoke with Kotaku about Marvel vs. Capcom 3
In the article he mentions that the final roster, while nearing completion, isn't finalized yet. He also discusses what they look for when they're considering adding someone to the game.
During a live question and answer session, he said that no one is off limits when it comes to licensing issues. Later he talked about Spider-man quite extensively, and seemed to slip up and when asked about Deadpool being in the game.
Anyway, here's a clip from the Kotaku write up.
"There are absolutely characters that will be much more relevant in the next few years and you want to get them in there," Baker said. "There are characters that have become a lot more popular since the last Marvel Vs. Capcom game, that weren't in there that we wanted to get in there. There are characters that have been invented in the last ten years that we may want to get in there."
While I wasn't able to squeeze any more names of characters out of Baker, he hinted that more names would be coming in the next few months. ART STYLE INTRO BY: Ryota Niitsuma, Producer.
Ryota Niitsuma, Marvel vs. Capcom 3's producer, has started blogging
about the new title. Capcom-Unity
translated the first entry.
This isn't too interesting, but Niitsuma talks about the art style of the game.
At last, it begins!
Greetings! This is Niitsuma, and I'm the producer at Capcom for this new title. What's this new title? Well, we're finally able to announce it!
"Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Fate of Two Worlds"!! We've received so many requests from our fans all over the world, saying "You aren't going to do a sequel?" or "If you do it, I want this!", and this time we're finally able to announce this to the fans!
Unfortunately we can't discuss specifics of the game right now, but from here on out we'll be able to reveal information directly to our fans, so I hope that you'll check in frequently to see what we're up to!
Now then, about that pretty trailer...
We'll probably be saying it quite often about this game, but this time around, the character design concept is based around the American Comic Book.
We're making it our goal to bring the Marvel comic books to life to create a game that is undeniably exciting from the get go, so please make sure to check back often to get the latest update on our progress!
Finally, did you notice all of those silhouettes hanging about? I'm guessing those who are well-informed may already know, but how about you poke around and see what you can find?
Make sure you check back every now and then to this blog for any updates we may have!
This is Niitsuma, signing off!
It's worth pointing out that the confirmed characters on the Marvel side have all had major motion pictures associated with them recently, Wolverine, The Hulk and Iron Man.
Marvel is also working on Captain America, Thor and Avengers movies, along with Iron Man 2 which will be in theaters on May 7, 2010.
Also, remember that the artwork shown yesterday
is actually the in-game character models.